CHILD, Inc. is a nonprofit social services agency, offering a wide array of human services. We have been serving the Delaware community since 1963. If you are interested in making a difference in people’s lives and want to work with a team of dedicated professionals, we want to hear from you!
FAMILY VISITATION COUNSELOR – Part-time:
This position provides supervision and support to families who have experienced domestic violence and who need assistance in re-establishing or maintaining a safe, healthy, non-violent relationship between their children and the non-custodial parent.
- Coordinates, observes and documents visitations and exchanges; enforces court orders and conditions.
- Executes any necessary protective duties to ensure a safe visitation for the visiting children; provides crisis intervention if needed.
- Schedules interviews and appointments for visitation and exchange; and supervises on-site visitation.
- Develops strategies to serve clients who have a variety of problems, which may include: substance abuse, mental health problems, history of criminal activities, etc.
- Maintains case notes. Completes paperwork, including narratives, correspondence, and forms accurately and legibly, and carries out office procedures.
CHILD/YOUTH SERVICE WORKER – Full-Time and Part-Time:
*Evenings and Overnight – Worker to provide direct supervision, support and direction to youth in a compassionate and respectful manner. This includes providing an unwavering commitment to the safety and support of the youth, being aware of all ongoing developments and concerns in the shelter and contributing in a positive way to a team of professionals.
Bachelor’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences preferred; will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to interact with a diverse and challenging client population, sometimes under stress. Must also be willing and able to perform household tasks.
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, a vehicle in good working condition and must obtain the level of automobile insurance required by the agency to use personal vehicle. Finger printing, background check and physical required upon hire.
Schedule for position may include weekends and holidays.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference and gain experience in the social services field!
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please submit your resume along with a cover telling us when you need to do an internship, what your available hours are, and what you are hoping to accomplish.