CHILD, Inc. is a nonprofit social services agency, offering a wide array of human services. We have been serving the Delaware community since 1963. If you are interested in making a difference in people’s lives and want to work with a team of dedicated professionals, we want to hear from you!
Family Visitation Center- Counselor/Shift Supervisor
CHILD, Inc. is hiring a part-time FVC Counselor, with the hope that the candidate could grow into a full-time Shift Supervisor!
How it works:
Candidate would be hired as a part-time counselor, will be trained and will work 29 hours a week for 30 days. After 30 days, new employee will have a probationary review; if it is determined that employee has mastered the counselor role, they will be then promoted to a full-time Shift Supervisor! This promotion is not guaranteed, and the decision will be based on measurable goals and employee competency. If Shift Supervisor role is not offered, candidate may remain in a PT counselor position.
FVC Counselor Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, observes and documents visitations and exchanges; enforces court orders and conditions. **Executes any necessary protective duties to ensure a safe visitation for the visiting children; provides crisis intervention if needed. **Maintains case notes as instructed by supervisor. **Completes paperwork, including narratives, correspondence, and forms accurately and legibly, and carries out office procedures. Maintains client files. **Works in partnership with co-workers to share effective strategies. **Develops rapport and trusting relationship with victims of family violence. **Clearly and effectively communicates with a diversity of people
FVC Shift Supervisor Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in addition the FVC Counselor duties and responsibilities):
- Schedules interviews and appointments for visitation and exchange; and supervises on-site visitation **Assists Coordinator in preparing and/or delivering staff training and meetings **Follows established procedures for handling money at Center **Conducts interviews with sensitivity towards the special needs of children who are victims of family violence to gather information on client’s situation in a manner that respects each person’s dignity and right to make choices **Develops strategies to serve clients who have a variety of problems, which may include: substance abuse, mental health problems, history of criminal activities, etc. **Supervises the daily work of part-time staff assigned to the site and communicates with them about client issues **Prepares incident reports **Maintains case notes as instructed by supervisor **Completes paperwork, including narratives, correspondence, and forms accurately and legibly, and carries out office procedures. Maintains client files.
Education, Experience, Skills & Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services such as: Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Family Studies, Counseling, or Criminal Justice. A combination of equivalent experience and education will be considered.
- Knowledge of State and community resources preferred
- Works flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
- At least two years of supervisory experience
Domestic Violence Residential Counselor – Evening /Overnight PT Backup
Residential Counselor- Domestic Violence Services- (evening and overnight shifts available) Responsibilities include but are not limited to admission, monitoring of shelter clients, record keeping, answering hotline calls, assisting with household maintenance, and assisting Program Director as requested.
B.A. or equivalent education and experience preferred, demonstrated problem-solving ability, and the ability to interact with a diverse client population with a variety of needs. Successful applicant will have the ability to bring positive energy, initiative, and cooperation to participate on a staff team. Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, sometimes on short notice and to carry out a variety of physical and household tasks. Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a vehicle in good condition and the level of insurance required by CHILD, Inc. policy. Bilingual skills in Spanish helpful.
Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends and overnights, sometimes on short notice, and to carry out a variety of physical and household tasks.
Child Youth Service Worker- PT
Temporary shelter for youth seeking Child Youth Service Worker for part time NIGHTS/WEEKEND employee to provide direct supervision, support and direction to youth in a compassionate and respectful manner.
This includes providing an unwavering commitment to the safety and support of the youth, being aware of all ongoing developments and concerns in the shelter, and contributing in a positive way to a team of professionals.
Degree in the Behavioral Sciences preferred but will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to interact with a diverse and challenging client population, sometimes under stress. Must also be willing and able to perform household tasks. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, a vehicle in good working condition and the level of automobile insurance required by the agency.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference and gain experience in the social services field.
Please include weekend availability in your cover letter.
English & Bilingual Family Visitation Counselor (Wilm/New/Middletown) Part-Time
CHILD, Inc. Family Visitation Center is seeking several qualified applicants for the positions of Part- Time Bilingual Visitation Monitors. These positions provide supervision and support to families who have experienced domestic violence and who need assistance in re-establishing or maintaining a safe, healthy, non-violent relationship between their children and the non-custodial parent. Responsibilities include: observation and documentation of center visits, crisis intervention, and addressing need areas as indicated by Coordinator and/or Shift Supervisor. Good written and oral communication skills required. A B.A. degree is preferred, as well as bilingual (Spanish/English), relevant college coursework and/or experience will be considered. Knowledge of state and community resources preferred. Part- time position; must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays, with some flexibility for change to meet the needs of the agency. Please specify which location you are interested in on your cover letter: Location #1 – Wilmington/Newark OR Location #2 – Middletown.
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please submit your resume along with a cover telling us when you need to do an internship, what your available hours are, and what you are hoping to accomplish.